561 Royal Esplanade, Manly QLD 4179
Thank you so much for the opportunity to assist you both in preparing your beautiful home for sale. I have compiled ideas and suggestions, following our meeting last Saturday. I have chosen to present this in a web format, so I can easily update/add/delete along the way for you.
As with all large projects, there is an element of fluidity that is required along the way. However, my intention with the following information is to provide you with options that meet the aesthetic you would like to achieve, but also at the most sensible price possible. I will also ensure that where I have estimated pricing, that Marty will also include in his quote, along with the labour required, so you have the total picture.
LEVEL 4 – Ensuite, Guest Bathroom, Kitchenette, Lounge & Balcony
The ‘To Do’ List
Master Ensuite – Replace vanity & tap wear, replace mirror, replace shower frame, glass, shower head and tap wear, paint any remaining gold fixtures.
Guest Bathroom – Replace vanity & tap wear, replace mirror, replace shower frame, glass, shower head and tap wear, paint any remaining gold fixtures and consider replacing toilet.
Kitchenette – Replace top cupboards, doors and handles, replace countertop with wood, install bronze mirror splash back, consider wine fridge to replace current bar fridge, remove lourve doors.
Lounge – restyle.
Balcony – restyle.
Updating Master Ensuite & Guest Bathroom Level 4
- Replace vanity & tap wear (tap wear dependent on vanity choice TBA)
- Replace mirror.
- Replace shower frame, glass, shower head and tap wear (Marty to advise on shower frame/glass)
- Paint any remaining gold fixtures.
Due to the custom size of both the ensuite and guest bathroom vanities, there are basically 3 choices of what could happen.
- Leave current vanity tops and swap out shower, screen, tap wear, mirrors and paint any remaining gold fixtures.
- Choose new vanities after Marty has had a closer look at what is behind the ensuite ‘secret’ panel as well as the door jam in the guest bathroom, to confirm if it’s possible to install.
- Have vanities custom made.
* Current size of ensuite vanity (not including secret panel area) 1300mm long and 320mm deep
** Current size of guest vanity is 1930mm long and 320mm deep
Bjorn Oval Small | Various Colours
50 x 75cm $195 + postage
Bjorn Oval Large | Various Colours
65 x 100cm $310 + postage
Victoria Vanities |1500mm | 460 Depth
Double Bowl $3277
Victoria Vanities |1800mm | 460 Depth
Double or Single Bowl $3428
Cibo Design 1500mm Coast Veneer Tonic Full Height Vanity
Cibo Design 1200mm Coast Veneer Tonic Full Height Vanity
MIXX Wels 3 Star Chrome Chai Square Retro E- Fit Twin Shower
Transforming Kitchenette into Bar Level 4
- Replace top row of cabinets and doors with glass fronted (also a great idea to add some lighting if you can discuss with your electrician). As the doors are custom with a combined length of 3100mm, it works out cheaper to replace the cabinets and doors with the combination below.
- Replace granite bench top with wood (perfect to tie in with the rest of the wood accents, but doubles as a great chopping block).
- Install glass mirror backsplash (I suggest bronze to provide a moody look).
- Change handles on all cupboards (depending on the colour backsplash chosen will depend on the finish of the handles. IE metallic bronze would look better with the brushed amber where as a lighter/whiter backsplash, then the brushed nickel would look better).
- Consider finding an inexpensive bar fridge that would sit flush inside bottom cabinets (I can assist as there are many on sale through sites such as Facebook marketplace, ebay etc).
Kaboodle 450mm Wall Cabinet
$85 x 4
Kaboodle 450mm 6 Panel Glass Cabinet Door
$115 x 4
Kaboodle 150mm Infill Wall Cabinet
$48 x 2
Kaboodle 150mm Modern Cabinet Door
$26.88 x 2
2200 x 600 x 26mm Beech Laminated Panel
$109 x 2
600 x 3600 x 6mm Polymer Splashback – Bond Metallic
to view product catalogue
Kaboodle 96mm Brushed Amber Gold Cabo Kitchen Handle
Kaboodle 128mm Brushed Nickel Turbo Kitchen Handle
Re-Styling Level 4 Lounge & Outdoor Balcony
As we discussed, this space can be presented as multi-purpose, depending on how the prospective buyers prefer to live. The obvious use would be as a master retreat/adult entertainment space. The look would be ‘coastal glam’ in keeping with the stunning views and the colour palette of Level 3, with some touches of colour (greens, blues). Valiant Hire can provide any style of furniture and as part of their service. Please CLICK HERE to view the itemised quote for all spaces requested throughout. Of course, if there needs to be extra little finishing touches, that’s easily managed as I have access to all sorts of custom accessories (such as a drinks cart for example).
LEVEL 2 – Family Bathroom, Powder Room & Balcony
The ‘To Do’ List
Family Bathroom – Replace tap wear and paint edging where yellow.
Powder Room – Replace vanity and tap wear, add mirror and custom shelving beside toilet.
Bedroom Balcony’s – Style
Media Room – Re-style
Updating Power Room Level 2
- Replace Vanity/bowl & tap wear (tap wear for powder room and family bathroom TBA so as to match ensuite and guest bathroom upstairs).
- Add Mirror.
- Add custom floating shelving in corner next to toilet (Marty will be able to do this with off-cuts of the kitchenette timber bench top. As we discussed, it they would take up the width of 4 tiles, so the space on either side of the toilet is even – giving the illusion it is centered).
Cibo Slimline Function Vanity
Round Mirror Cabinet | 600mm
Re-Styling Level 2 Media Room & Balcony
Valiant Hire can provide any style of furniture and as part of their service. Please CLICK HERE to view the itemised quote for all spaces requested throughout.
GROUND LEVEL – Landscaping
The ‘To Do’ List
LHS Garden near Front Door – Replant
RHS Garden in front of New Fence – Plant
Semi-Circular Garden at Gate Entrance – Plant
My concept for the front gardens is to create a lush, green tropical landscape with pops of colour. The reason is, that I feel this reflects the location perfectly – but also it will stay looking healthy all year-round and be very low maintenance.
The idea for the long, low garden leading up to the front door, is to use a mixture of Mondo grass, Roheo and Ornamental Chilli bushes. On the opposite side, in front of the new fence, the same design would be replicated but with the addition of elephant ear palms. Dependent on budget, I thought possibly a semi-mature Pandanus Palm would be a fantastic statement in the semi-circular garden at the front gates. I have found a company that can supply these and you can visit their website by CLICKING HERE. For an idea of different prices, you can view their price list HERE.
The only other cost (apart from the labour), would be soil. We won’t know exactly how much will be required until the fence is complete, but 1 cubic metre of soil is approx $127.
We use a wholesale nursery in Redland Bay called Lagoon View Nursery. Not only do they have a fantastic range of plants at very reasonable prices, they are great at assisting with choices. I would allow approx $800 for plants (not including the Pandanus Palm). We can organise the purchase and delivery of the plants for you, if you wish.